The Sanden Eco system is the most energy efficient hot water heat pump currently available on the market. As such when you buy a Sanden system, you receive the highest amount of Small-scale Technology Certificates (STC’s) of any currently available heat pump system.
The superior design of a Sanden Eco Hot Water Heat Pump ensures:
- Industry leading energy efficiency using only 22% of the energy required by an electric storage hot water system.
- The most STC rewards for energy efficiency, means you enjoy a greater discount on the purchase price.
- Innovative technology – up to 50% faster heat recovery than currently available Hot Water Heat Pumps.
- Class leading warranties, backed by Sanden’s 30 years of operation in Australia.
- Perfect to use with Off-Peak electricity for even more savings.
- Split system for ease of installation and near silent operation.
Why consider an Air-sourced Hot Water Heat Pump System?
An air-sourced heat pump absorbs heat from the air and transfers it to heat water. It runs on electricity but is roughly three times more efficient than a conventional electric water heater. It is designed to save energy, save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
How a Sanden Eco® System Works
A heat pump is a device that uses a small amount of energy to move heat from one location to another. It contains a fan that forces air through an evaporator that contains a refrigerant. The heat in the air passes through the evaporator and is absorbed by a natural refrigerant, R7 44 (C02), which is ozone friendly and does not contribute to global warming.
The warm gaseous refrigerant is circulated in the system via a compressor. As it passes through the compressor, its pressure rises, as does its temperature. This hot refrigerant then passes through a heat exchanger to heat the water, which is finally pumped to the storage tank.
Superior Features and Benefits.
Unlike other hot water heat pump systems, the Sanden Eco® system uses a smarter split system where the heat pump unit and stainless steel tank are installed separately. This allows easy on-site handling and installation, as well as flexibility of the storage tank location, which can be up to 4 metres distance from the heat pump unit.
Heat Pump Unit
- A high Coefficient of Performance (COP=4.5″) results in significantly reduced energy use and C02 emissions.
- Up to 50% faster heat recovery than typical heat pumps. In ambient air of 20°C it takes approx 4 hours to heat 315 L of water from 17°C to 65°C.
- Uses unique Ozone friendly R7 44 (C02) refrigerant.
- Simple installation by Plumber & Electrician, with no Refrigeration Mechanic required.
- An automatic heating cycle, which makes it perfect for use with Off-Peak tariff.
- Fitted with in-built freeze protection, making it suitable for all climates (ie. -10°C to +43°C operating range).
- No backup element required.
- Whisper quiet operation, with industry leading noise level of 38dB- very neighbour friendly!
- High quality, weather resistant construction for outdoor location.
- 3 year Warranty.
Stainless Steel Tank
- 3 x tank sizes offered – 160L, 250L and 315L.
- High quality, Australian made extra long life stainless steel cylinder.
- Fully insulated for minimal heat loss.
- Mains pressure rated.
- 250 litre Tank with two installation options (tall with a reduced diameter or short with an increased diameter).
- Safety pressure and temperature relief valve supplied.
- 15 year Warranty.
Why employ R7 44 (C02) refrigerant?
- It offers no ozone layer depletion and minimal global warming (ie. as per table below) versus other commonly used refrigerants, should the system leak.
- It performs higher compression efficiency, with lower energy consumption, thereby allowing more heat to be transferred to the water, for less energy used (i.e. excellent thermodynamic ability).
- The refrigerant temperature gets very hot, very quickly, so water temperature of 65 °C, is achieved almost instantly.
- Sanden is the only currently available HWHP in Australia, to employ “ozone friendly” R7 44 (C02) refrigerant.
R7 44 (C02) refrigerant and the environment.
It has a Global Warming Potential (GWP – see below for explanation) of 1 . Carbon dioxide is the baseline measurement of how it will contribute to global warming for a given mass.
Our system utilizes less than 1 kg of R7 44 (C02} as a refrigerant contained in a closed system at the factory. Therefore, the installer does not need to charge the heat pump on site.
Global warming potential (GWP) is a measure of how much a given mass of greenhouse gas is estimated to contribute to global warming. It is a relative scale which compares the gas in question to that of the same mass of carbon dioxide (whose GWP is by convention equal to 1). A GWP is calculated over a specific time interval and this time interval must be stated whenever a GWP is quoted or else the value is meaningless.
Whisper Quiet Hot Water.
When purchasing a hot water heat pump system, noise levels are an important consideration.
Sanden’s extensive research has delivered a ‘whisper quiet’ operating noise level (38dB) that ensures both you and your neighbours’ lifestyles remain unaffected by its operation.
Cost savings achieved by a Sanden Eco® Hot Water Heat Pump System versus a conventional electric hot water system.
The table presents electricity consumption figures recorded by a Sanden customer, who replaced his conventional electric Rheem Hot Water System with a Sanden Hot Water Heat Pump System, on 4.1 0.1 0. He lives in the Sydney Metro area, has a family of 4 people (ie. Husband, Wife & 2 x Children) using hot water and uses Off-Peak Controlled Load 2.
As can be seen, the reduction in usage achieved for the 2010/11 period, versus prior year, was approx. 80%, while the reduction in $ Cost for the same period was 77% and this was despite a change of supplier and a more expensive tariff (ie. increase of 18.7%).
Announcing the addition of 2 x new Tank sizes to the Sanden range.
The Sanden Eco® Hot Water Heat Pump system is now available with 160L (no rebates) and 250L tanks, in addition to the current 315L Tall and Short tanks. So, you can choose from 4 tanks, each to be combined with the Sanden Eco® Heat Pump unit, as follows:-
You should also consider buying the Sanden Quickie Kit, which contains all the required plumbing connections and accessories to install the Sanden Heat Pump. It is an economical way to buy these vital components and saves the plumber’s time in sourcing them at his local trade store.